Friday, January 22, 2010

Well, it's been a while.
I'm going to try to commit to blogging once a day.
Tonight, I am sad. Erich Segal died.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/books/20segal.html
Erich Segal was the author of Love Story. I just posted my opinion of that book --and really, the subsequent movie on FaceBook.
Here's what I wrote:
I'll never forget Love Story. I went under protest, so ready to roll my eyes and laugh dismissively at the schmaltzy plot. By the times credits rolled, I was grabbing the leftover concession stand napkins to wipe my eyes. I still remember the beautifully photographed images from that film. (Okay, Boston IS pretty photogenic.)
And, the comments on FaceBook?
From my friend Joyce McMillion Teems: I remember the snow.
To which I replied: Loved those scenes -- and also the one where Oliver's little sports car is racing along the thoroughfare in Boston.
And, then my former anchor guy, Tracy Rowlett: He was a pretty popular guy for a while and admitted using a tried and true formula to write "Love Story" because he needed the money. Always appreciated his honesty.

More in moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment